City Hall Dome Lighting Request Form
Lighting City Hall’s dome will help celebrate and build community spirit in Baltimore City. When the dome of City Hall is lit it presents a beautifying element to our downtown, a symbol of pride for citizens and becomes a part of Baltimore’s rich history.
Organizations are invited to make requests to light City Hall’s dome based on the criteria outlined below. We strive to fulfill all eligible requests, but any confirmed request may be modified if a major, local, national, or international situation occurs.
All requests must be approved at the discretion of the Mayor’s Office of Special Events
Application Request Details
- Applicants must be not-for-profit and community-focused. Applications received must be at least 14 days prior to the requested light update.
- Requests are processed in the order in which they are received and are considered on a case-by-case basis using the following criteria:
- Supports an event of national or international significance (such as Fourth of July, Valentine’s Day).
- Supports a local festival or event that positively impacts local community spirit (such as Light City, AFRAM, Baltimore Ravens).
- Supports a local, national, or international awareness issue that builds community or is related to community health (such as Heart Healthy Month, the Race for the Cure or Awareness of Violence Against Women).
- Acknowledges and welcomes visiting dignitaries (such as a visiting Head of State or Ambassadors from various countries) hosted by our city.
- Multi-day requests may be granted at the discretion of the Mayor’s Office of Special Events
- We reserve the right to deny requests. Lighting requests will not be considered for:
- Personal or private occasions (such as birthdays or anniversaries)
- Political events or observances
- Religious figures, religious organizations or additional religious holidays
- Commercial purposes
- We will not light up City Hall for an organization or group that is deemed to be inappropriate, offensive in nature, or those supporting discrimination, prejudice, violence, or hatred.
- All-City Hall lightings with be posted on our official social media accounts. All other forms of publicity are the responsibility of the applicant.
- We will do our best to fulfill your color request, but the exact hue may not be possible. We will use the closest hue that we can achieve through LEDs. We cannot light City Hall with browns or blacks at any time.