YouthWorks Summer Jobs
By the year 2020, nearly half of the U.S. workforce will be comprised of millennials. Will local businesses and government agencies be able to find qualified candidates ready to fill positions soon to be vacated by our aging workforce?
Each year YouthWorks matches thousands of city youth to summer jobs where they develop workplace skills, learn how to meet employers' expectations, and gain exposure to career opportunities in high growth industries. Baltimore's business community plays an important role by shaping the future workforce and getting great employees at the same time. The private sector is encouraged to participate again in 2019 by interviewing and hiring from a pool of trained and talented young people through Baltimore City's YouthWorks summer jobs program.
- Youth are screened for skills/interests to match your workplace needs.
- All youth receive job readiness training before being referred for interviews.
- YouthWorkers are paid at least the minimum wage of $10.10/hour for at least 120 hours.
- Companies can hire and pay the youth directly from their payroll or contribute $1600 per job to the Baltimore City Foundation and the City will be the employer-of-record and process payroll needs.
- A job coach is assigned to ensure the experience is beneficial for all parties.
YouthWorks will operate one, five-week session - July 1-August 2. Hiring organizations can customize their work schedules beyond these dates if needed.
To find out how your company or organization can benefit from the skills and energy of a yoyung person this summer, please visit youthworks.oedworks.com, call 410-396-JOBS (5627) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online donations can be made through the Baltimore City Foundation at baltimorecityfoundation.org. Choose MOED - YouthWorks 855-00. Checks can also be made payable to Baltimore City Foundation/YouthWorks and mailed to MOED, 101 W. 24th Street, Baltimore, MD 21218.
Non-profit organizations, community groups and government agencies that would like to serve as YouthWorks worksites can register at youthworks.oedworks.com. Young people will be placed in summer jobs with your organization and you will provide supervision and mentoring. These positions are already funded. Contact 410-396-JOBS (5627) for more information.