Mayor Scott Announces City-Provided Transportation Schedule for 2023 Annual Bea Gaddy Thanksgiving Dinner
Tuesday Nov 21st, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BALTIMORE, MD. (Tuesday, November 21, 2023) – Today, Mayor Brandon M. Scott in partnership with the Bea Gaddy Family Centers, Baltimore City Recreation and Parks (BCRP), Baltimore City Department of Transportation (DOT), and the Mayor’s Office of Children and Family Success (MOCFS) released the schedule for city-provided transportation both to and from the 2023 Annual Bea Gaddy Thanksgiving Dinner. Due to the change in venue from its usual location in East Baltimore, the city will provide transportation to the new location at Middle Branch Fitness and Wellness Center in South Baltimore on Thanksgiving Day to ensure residents with limited transportation options are able to attend the dinner.
BCRP, DOT, and Burrell Motor Coach will each be providing various modes of transportation with corresponding pick-up and drop-off times and locations for each area of the city including:
BCRP will provide four vans for transportation. Pick-up/drop-off begins at 9:30 a.m. and will run every 30 minutes until 1:30 p.m. at the following four locations:
- Southern CAP Center, 606 Cherry Hill Rd., Baltimore, MD 21225
- Brooklyn Homes Community Center, 4140 10th St., Baltimore, MD 21225
- Lakeland Recreation Center, 2921 Stranden Rd., Baltimore, MD 21230
- Westport Elementary School, 2401 Nevada St., Baltimore, MD 21230
Charm City Circulator
Two dedicated buses will be provided for passengers. Pick-up/drop-off begins at 9:00 a.m. and will run every hour on the hour until 1:00 p.m. at the following two locations:
- Route 1: Intersection of of East North Avenue and North Gay Street → Middle Branch Fitness and Wellness Center (and return service)
- Route 2: CFG Bank Arena → Middle Branch Fitness and Wellness Center (and return service)
Burrell Motor Coach Transportation
The motor coach company will provide two buses. Pick-up/drop-off begins at 9:00 a.m. and will run every hour on the hour until 1:00 p.m. at the following two locations:
- East Baltimore Location: Virginia S. Baker Recreation Center, 2601 E. Baltimore St., Baltimore, MD 21224
- West Baltimore Location: Mondawmin Mall (Chase Bank side), 2401 Liberty Heights Ave., Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information on Bea Gaddy Thanksgiving Day transportation services, contact Noell Lugay, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (443)202-1508. To learn more about the 2023 Annual Bea Gaddy Thanksgiving Dinner or to register to volunteer for this year’s Thanksgiving Dinner, visit www.beagaddy.org.
About the Bea Gaddy Organization
The Bea Gaddy Family Centers is a community based nonprofit organization that assists and provides food and other items to our neighbors throughout the Greater Baltimore Metropolitan Area and throughout the State of Maryland. The late Dr. Bea Gaddy founded the Patterson Park Emergency Food Center in 1981 out of a need to feed her family, and since its founding, the Bea Gaddy’s Thanks for Giving Campaign has truly become a part of Baltimore’s favorite pastime. The focus of the nonprofit is and always will be to maintain the legacy of the late Dr. Bea Gaddy, our founding volunteer. The volunteers at the Bea Gaddy Family Centers are dedicated women and men who sincerely have a passion for helping others. They reflect the spirit of love and desire to work together for the good of our city and state.